USATourist Community

USA travel information for the world!
Welcome to USATourist Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

What international SIM card would you recommend?

Last post 01-04-2012 12:00 AM by hotellasuite. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-07-2011 7:33 AM

• pjlisa
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-07-2011
    • Posts 2

What international SIM card would you recommend?

Hey guys! I'm happy to be here. I'm travelling a lot and really enjoy that. I'm visiting different forums and sites, looking for usefull information. Now im interested in roaming SIM cards. There is a lot of choices, and, really, it's not easy to decide. It's very important for me to call family and friends while travelling. And I donn't have a chance to use computer every time. Ofcourse, Skype is the best solution. But I really would like to find an International SIM card, which can help me to save money on phone calls while travelling. What would you recommend?
  • 10-10-2011 12:54 PM In reply to

Re: What international SIM card would you recommend?

If you are coming from Europe with a GSM telephone, there are only two GSM networks in the USA.  They are AT&T and T-Mobile.  Of the two, I believe AT&T has the most coverage across the USA.  There are many companies that offer prepaid phone service, and I don't know which offer the best prices,.  You will have to check each of them to decide which is best.  Domestic calls in the USA are rather inexpenisve with rates as low as 2 or 3 cents per minute. Many overseas calls are only 10 or 20 cents per minute. 

Another alternative to using a SIM card, is to just buy a disposable telephone.  They are available at many drug stores and discount stores for less than $100, and you can purchase prepaid minutes on those telephones.

• 10-11-2011 4:38 AM In reply to

• pjlisa
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-07-2011
    • Posts 2

Hello Mike. Thank you for response. I'm currently living in Norway. Going to Florida next week. Will be studing there for 3 months. But I really need an International SIM card to be able to use it all over the world. Have you ever heard about MyTravelPhone roaming SIM card? I've been reading about it. They have different offers for travellers.
  • 11-06-2011 10:46 AM In reply to

• cosmo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-06-2011
    • Posts 1

Hello!

This you must now about phone card: rates per minute, rounding time, if is a maintenance fee or setup fee, available area, call history, customer support, online mamagement, rewards.

This link <a href="http://www.makeinternationalcall.com">make international call</a>sure can help.

Good luck!

• 12-01-2011 2:19 AM In reply to

Hi i like to tell you that international sim cards are available in very dirt cheap price .Please visit the url linked in that keyword..Hope this will work for you.

Thank you

• 01-04-2012 12:00 AM In reply to

I have checked out your url & I found there are dirt cheap price are available  !

I would like to tacke one of them !

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)